1985 Airstream 270 Classic Motorhome
This 27’ motorhome is truly rebuilt inside and out, a three year project with over $70,000.00 and hundreds of hours invested. You
won’t find a finer example anywhere. This unit has been stored inside with less than 10,000 miles since restoration. You could
buy one for $20,000.00 and spend another $50,000.00 and countless hours getting it in this shape, or could buy this one complete
at ½ the cost. This is a vehicle that you can get in tomorrow and drive across the country with confidence.
A classic motorhome is not for everyone. But if you want the RV you drive to enhance your travel experience, and you don’t
want to arrive to the campsite in a big square box like most of the crowd, this is your chance.
The pictures tell some of the story but for those of you that like to read all the details, here is what was done.
- New Wheel bearings
- New brake lines and hoses
- New brakes and rebuilt calipers (4-wheel disk)
- New brake rotors
- All new front end including bushings, ball joints, shocks, springs and “Super Steer” roller bearing pitman and idler arm steering assemblies
- New front inner coil air bags with remote fill valves at front bumper
- Brand new GM 502 HT crate engine.
- New rebuilt TH-400H Automatic Transmission
- New Gear Venders two speed electronic over/under drive
- New drive line, U-Joints and carrier bearing
- Four New Bilstein shocks
- New air suspension in the rear with new high performance air compressor and air lines
- Rebuilt air operated automatic step
- New fuel lines and fuel filters
- Chassis underside pressure washed and undercoated.
- New 2” Flowmaster dual exhaust system
- All new Alcoa Classic Solid Aluminum wheels and six new radial Michelin tires
- New engine battery and two new deep cycle coach batteries and new cables.
- New headlights
SYSTEMS AND APPLIANCES
- Interior removed and sub-floor cleaned and painted with “Kills” mold guard coating
- New floors, carpet and laminated hardwood
- Refinished original cabinets
- New fabric on headboards
- New seating / sleeping cushions
- New 3-way window shades with custom fabricated polished aluminum end caps/tracks
- Two new captain’s chairs
- New insulation in motor box cover
- New built-in flat panel TV
- New built-in DVD/VHS player with 600 watt inverter to operate on battery power
- New in dash stereo and 6 new speakers
- Rebuilt toilet
- Rebuilt Shower
- All window screens replaced
- Door screen replaced
EXTERIOR / BODY
- Brand new Onan Gold Marquis 5500 watt generator with secondary sound enclosure and exhaust system
- New domestic water pump
- New Refrigerator
- New water heater with 120 volt, propane and engine heat exchanger
- New fresh water lockable fill door
- New water connection bib
- New battery charger and Inverter with intelligent charging monitor
- New coach and engine batteries
- Rebuilt toilet valves and seals
- New interior ventilator fan motors and blades
- Hydraulic leveling jacks with new hydraulic lines.
- Aluminum body completely stripped and new clear coat applied up to roof line.
- Aluminum roof polished and sealed
- Painted accent areas
- Body accent moldings polished and new inserts installed.
- Body beltline molding – new inserts installed.
- All window seals replaced
- New mirrors installed
- New air conditioner cover
- Repaint spare tire cover to match original decals
- Front and rear aluminum bumpers polished and sealed
- Front Grill polished and sealed
- Fresh Water: 60 Gallons
- Black Water: 20 Gallons
- Grey Water: 40 Gallons
- Gasoline: 60 Gallons
- Propane: 15 Gallons
This coach is being shipped to England in 2012.
See earlier pictures of this coach here.